As a junior software tester, you start off guarding the quality of software components, but due to your intensive use of the software, you will soon be able to help answering questions from customers and help to maintain, support or use the product.
This can be a big step into becoming a key figure in the software development process, you will learn to grasp complex systems in order to execute tests independently, create and improve test plan documentation and give thorough advise. You can become the project leader’s or product owner’s sparring partner to determine and improve testing procedures of a product. Tasks that are linked to this function can include:
- Making test designs and plans, including MTP and individual detailed test cases;
- Co-determining, prioritizing and converting requirements into testable units;
- Giving hands-on and methodical support to colleagues in software development and delivery;
- Selecting important test cases and converting them into scripts for automatic testing;
- Test engineering for complex software, including workflow (decision) systems, data entry applications and data transfer & storage systems;
Having general responsibility for the quality of the software.
You have knowledge of structured testing of software chains and platforms. You have good communicative and analytical skills. Flexibility and your ‘drive’ to deliver high-quality work are of the utmost importance to us.
Furthermore, it is very important that you have detailed IT knowledge of amongst others Windows server, SQL server, scripting (such as Python), Cloud services and native Windows applications and that you are interested to automate testing.
We demand a bit more of our testers than other companies. A tester offers added value if she / he not only knows what is wrong with a system, but also where it goes wrong and how it can be solved; that is the actual support of the software development.
We are looking for testers that go (much) further than clinically making and executing a test plan. The actual understanding of a system and the tests to adjust and execute on-the-fly is absolutely essential.
In short, you are the spider in the web concerning the collaboration with the software developers, project leader and customers!
- Completed HBO / WO study;
- Knowledge of working Agile / SCRUM;
- IT knowledge of Windows server, SQL server, scripting, Cloud services, and native Windows applications;
- Knowledge of the OTAP model;
- Knowledge of TMAP or ISTQB;
- Feeling with programming and scripting;
- Good expression in word and writing (Dutch and English);
- Good communication and social skills;
- Strong analytical thinking ability;
- Flexibility, creativity, accuracy.
What you can expect from us
Do you want to know more about this vacancy? Please contact Pim Struik at +31 15 219 20 90.
If you have any issues sending via the form, please contact Peggy Koster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working for a top player in the field of logistics solutions
Prime Vision is one of the world’s best in the field of advanced solutions for the logistics industry. We create and support critical hardware and software solutions for our customers 24/7. This allows our customers in more than 25 countries to sort millions of parcels and letters day and night. We are proud of our international client portfolio including DHL, Bol.com, PostNL, Whistl, PostNord, Posti, Australian Air Express Startrack and DHL Hong Kong and Mexico.