Are you the ambitious Software Engineer we are looking for?
We are looking for a Medior or Senior Software Engineer for one of our agile/scrum product teams.
These expert teams are responsible for the implementation of near real-time coding and sorting decision (workflow) systems. The systems make sure the right data is received (either from barcodes, measurement systems, RFID, etc.), enriched (by machine learned OCR, Video-coding, smart algorithms) and sorted. Typical objects for which data enrichment and sorting is needed are parcels, letters and airport luggage. Key functionality of the tailor-made platform is the handling of digital images and various data of items that our customers code and sort. The platform contains interfaces with multiple systems, hardware and software, from Prime Vision and other suppliers. Amongst others, the platform collects data of different data enrichment modules, makes logical decisions based on sort plans, monitors the performance, archives production data and delivers reports. The platform can be either hosted in a traditional server room but can also be running in one of the major cloud service providers (Azure, AWS). At all times, 24×7 service windows are required.
You will be contributing to the further professionalization and extension of our software. You will be solving complex problems with robust, efficient and reusable code. Several times a year you will install our software on site at one of our worldwide clients’ locations. You will also be giving technical support to our clients in case of questions and/or problems. You will work in an agile/scrum team with 4 to 5 developers and 1 or 2 QA engineers. Most of the work is project based, delivering tailor made systems directly to our customers.
The technologies we work with are C#/.NET (Microsoft stack in general), Python, AWS lambda’s, Vue, messaging frameworks. You need to perform independently within a team of professionals. It goes without saying that the development will be done precisely and accurately. It is important that you are able to work within a team and having a mindset of making the platform better.
- Verifiable talent and affinity for the job of Software Engineer for tailor-made software
- Finalized HBO/University education
- Relevant work experience (minimal 2 years)
- Experience in the development of high-tech software (at least) C#/.NET, Python, and/or C++
- Experience with messaging platforms/technologies such as SQS, Kafka, ActiveMQ
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS or Azure)
- Experience with industrial, near real-time complex systems is an advantage
- Experience with modern databases such as SQL server, Mongo, Dynamo is an advantage
- Experience with SVN or Git
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with design and development methods
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both oral and written
- Team player
- Pragmatic, hands-on
- Loves to be challenged
What you can expect from us
- A challenging technical job with lots of space for creativity
- An enthusiastic, ambitious team of colleagues within a dynamic company with great worldwide ambitions and a very flat company culture
- Market conform salary and excellent secondary working conditions
- Many nice extras like company fitness and chair massage
- Full-time job with flexible working hours
- Challenging and dynamic working environment in a young company that belongs to the top of the world in its market
- International working environment
If you have any issues sending via the form, please contact Peggy Koster at email@example.com.
Working for a top player in the field of logistics solutions
Prime Vision is one of the world’s best in the field of advanced solutions for the logistics industry. We create and support critical hardware and software solutions for our customers 24/7. This allows our customers in more than 25 countries to sort millions of parcels and letters day and night. We are proud of our international client portfolio including DHL, Bol.com, PostNL, Whistl, PostNord, Posti, Australian Air Express Startrack and DHL Hong Kong and Mexico.